What is a Social Prescriber and what do they do?
We know many things affect your health and well-being. Our social prescribers are here to listen to you and connect you with local services and activities that could benefit you, providing both practical and emotional support
Our Social Prescribers will work with you to explore your individual needs and develop a plan to help create positive life changes. The personalised support will give you the time and confidence to work on the underlying issues which are affecting your overall health and wellbeing.
We can support people struggling with issues including:
- Housing/debt and benefit issues
- Bereaved/struggling to cope
- Loneliness, feeling isolated, low confidence/self esteem
- Mental health issues including depression, anxiety, stress
- Long term health conditions
- Low level addiction & recovery
- Learning or employment opportunities
- Lifestyle support (losing weight, exercise more, improve mood, live well, move more)
- Finding a club, activity or group in your local area